Events & Announcements
7th Annual Care & Share Expo
Saturday, December 2, 2017
The Franke Foundation will host our 7th Annual Care & Share Expo Saturday, December 2, 2017, 10am - 2pm, at the La Crosse Public Library, 800 Main Street,La Crosse, Wisconsin.
To participate at this premier networking and fundraising event download our application form.
6th Annual Care & Share Expo
Saturday, December 3, 2016
The Franke Foundation will host our 6th Annual Care & Share Expo Saturday, December 3, 2016, 10am - 2pm, at the Downtown La Crosse Library.
For information about the event download our brochure.
2016 Coulee $100,000 Collaboration Award
The Foundation invites proposals, under a one-time competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) process for our "Early Childhood Literacy Initiative," and will award the grant at our Coulee Collaboration award ceremony to be held March 23, 2017.
- Letter of Intent: July 31
- Submission: December 31
2016 ALÁNO Get-Togethers
4th Thursday of the Month
5:30pm - 7:00pm
Below is the schedule for the 2016 ALÁNO Get-Togethers.
- January 21: No Get-Together
- February 18: Boys & Girls Clubs/Mathy Center - 811 S. 8th St.
- March 24: La Crosse Public Library - 800 Main St.
- April 21: Family & Children’s Center/Hope Academy - 1707 Main St.
- May 19: Capable Canines - 1404 Green Bay St.
- June 16 : Coulee Region Humane Society - 911 Critter Ct. (Onalaska)
- July 21 : Riverfront Activity Center - 3000 South Ave.
- August 18: Big Brothers Big Sisters - 432 Division St.
- September 15: Coulee Council on Addiction - 932 West Avenue South
- October 20: Hillview Urban Agriculture Center - 624 Vine St.
- November: No Get-Together - Happy Thanksgiving
- December: No Get-Together - Merry Christmas
For information about joining ALÁNO, see the announcement below.
The Franke Foundation, in an effort to build upon the collaborative idea behind the "Care & Share" Expos, is announcing the establishment and sponsorship of a new, non-profit membership organization. The purpose of the organization is to create a platform using Facebook's 'closed group' option, whereby members can take advantage of the central calendar to avoid duplicating events, to discover information about other members, to create a vehicle for collaboration between Members, to chat, and generally to post information of interest to the members. The organization will be primarily member-driven, and will be guided by a Committee of Managers, rather than a typical organizational structure. It will be fun.