The Foundation is organized and shall at all times be operated exclusively for the benefit of, to perform the functions of and to carry out the purposes of the Supported Organizations, namely, the La Crosse Community Foundation, Inc., the Diocese of La Crosse and Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse, formerly Franciscan Skemp Healthcare, and the wishes of the Frankes as expressed in Mr. Franke's Last Will and Testament, and its activities shall be limited to such Charitable Purposes as will benefit, carry out the purposes of or perform the functions of the Supported Organizations, including, but not limited to:
- The making of grants and other distributions to any of the Supported Organizations or for the benefit of or to support the Charitable Purposes of any of the Supported Organizations;
- The management, investment and administration of funds for the benefit of or to support the Charitable Purposes of any of the Supported Organizations; and
- The performance of functions and the incurrence of expenses incidental to the management, administration and operation of the Corporation.
To act as an agent of collaboration between and among non-profit organizations, and others, which benefit La Crosse County, Wisconsin, and to recommend grants from the La Crosse Community Foundation Robert and Eleanor Franke Foundation Fund to nonprofit organizations whose missions and purposes are not inconsistent with Catholic doctrine, and fall within the Franke Foundationís grant-making criteria, for projects that enhance the quality of life for people who may be physically, mentally, socially or economically disadvantaged.
The Foundation will:
- Provide a consistent level of funding to St. James Catholic Church and St. Joseph the Workman Catholic Church in La Crosse, Wisconsin, to further their goals and purposes.
- Provide a consistent level of funding to Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare, in La Crosse, Wisconsin, to further its goals, mission and purpose.
- Provide a consistent level of funding to the La Crosse Community Foundation, of La Crosse, Wisconsin, to further its goals, mission and purpose, including the recommendation of grants from the Robert and Eleanor Franke Foundation Fund at the La Crosse Community Foundation, to IRC 501(c)(3) organizations whose missions and purposes benefit La Crosse County residents exclusively, and which:
- Promote the efforts of students to seek and to pursue their educational goals.
- Assist those who are temporarily unable to pay for basic housing costs, including rent and utilities.
- Assist those who are not meeting their quantitative and/or qualitative nutritional needs as a result of economic disadvantage, social stigma, lack of education, availability of suitable or appropriate food sources or other remediable impediments to basic food security.
- Assist those in need of clothing, disability services, recovery from addictions, skills enhancement and other services which improve the quality of life for economically disadvantaged individuals and families.
- Assist in strengthening and protecting children and families.
- Promote the humane treatment of our animal friends.